On the phone with a prospective client the other day, I suddenly realized that my hand was making a repetitive circular motion as I explained the way internet marketing for small business works.
Well, after all, it is circular. One event touches off another, which creates another, and so on. Every thing affects all the other things in the cycle.
Your description of the process may vary, depending on basic orientation. But roughly, it’s going to be something like:
- website leads to
- changing content, which leads to
- social media, which leads to
- subscriber list, which leads to
- sales, which leads to
- new website content.
Your online branding, shared via social media, works unceasingly to bring buyers to you. It’s a relatively simple formula.
- Figure out how to represent your biz via recorded media of some kind (written word, audio, video, etc.)
- Create a schedule for ongoing creation of this content – and follow through!
- Offer subscriptions and send valuable information to opt-ins.
- Follow up with honest selling and obsessive customer service.
- Get a recorded testimonial from your thrilled customer. Use the experience of actual sales to create new content.